Monday, January 18, 2010

Where Was God?

Where was God?



It was an incredible weekend for Treasures! On Friday night, we headed to the City of Industry where we gave out nearly 300 gifts to women working in strip clubs. Having a multi-lingual team definitely came in handy!



At one club, a volunteer made a connection with a Spanish-speaking woman who called us in desperation the next day. She said that she is fed up with working in the industry and being treated like a “whore” every night, but she feels like she has no other options. A volunteer is meeting with her tomorrow to offer her support and assistance.



At the end of the night, one of our volunteers from Jordan came across an Arabic-speaking strip club manager. When he realized she spoke Arabic too, he began to explain to her that he felt stuck working at the strip club. He wanted out of the business but couldn’t seem to find another job. He asked her if she would pray for him. She replied, “Just keep your eyes open like we are having a conversation” and prayed for him right there! He told her that he plans on coming to the church she attends and offered to help our team get into the other clubs he is affiliated with.



Saturday night was God Chicks Night of Freedom. I had the honor of sharing my story and had my first ever book signing! There wasn’t an empty seat in the house and one point during the service, Holly asked if anyone had an area in their life in which they needed freedom and nearly EVERY HAND IN THE HOUSE WAS RAISED! It was a night of freedom indeed!



Then, on Sunday, I had an encounter that blew me away. A girl at church came up to me and said, “I just want you to know that I always appreciated receiving your gifts. They meant a lot to me and all of the girls.” As it turns out, she had been working as a dancer at a local club for several years, receiving our gift bags! Today, she is out of the business and planted at the Oasis! It makes me wonder how many more women have had their lives impacted in such significant ways without us even knowing!



When I look back over my own life, I have asked myself “Where was God when I was going through so much pain?” The truth is, I can see Him in the people who showed up, just at the right time. It is my hope and prayer that when the women we are reaching look back on their lives and ask themselves, “Where was God?” they will see Him in the moments we showed up for them.



Love, Harmony & The Treasures Team



PS…

NEW SITE LAUNCHED! We launched a new site for the Scars and Stilettos book release. Read the first few pages, leave a comment, and check out the preface by Craig Gross and Foreword by Holly Wagner. www.scarsandstilettos.com



If you are in the LA area, please join us for our GIFT BAG ASSEMBLY on January 23rd at 10 am Oasis www.iamatreasure.com/events


Don’t miss THE STILETTO PROJECT Exhibit and Memoir Release Party! (See attached flyer)
Featuring the artwork of commercialized sexual exploitation and trafficking over-comers.

1 comment:

Angel Victoria said...

I truly appreciate who you are and what God has done in your life. I saw your story in a magazine in 2006 and was truly blessed. I was moved to start a ministry for sexually abused Women called Tamar's Garment, which I emailed you and asked you how to start. You were kind enough to help me. I begin it that year then ended up moving to do an internship. I lost hope when I was encouraged to not do it because they felt it was a little too much. So i gave up. But one day about 3 years later I saw a show with your story on it, and again the dream for me to do it rose up inside of me again. God knows what he is doing and I am grateful. You will be rewarded gratefully for your faith and obedience to Him. Please pray for me as I move forward in what God desires for me. Be blessed!
~ Angel